*This is a 22 month contract with opportunity for permanency
This position is part of the Community Relations team in Winnipeg, and is accountable and responsible for the company’s national Employee Community Engagement programs, major corporately supported community events and drives, volunteer and fundraising policies, and oversight and co-ordination of department communications and reporting.
As the expert resource, the incumbent develops and implements a strategic plan, coaches, monitors, evaluates and reports on Employee Community Engagement activities for over 10,000 employees across Canada. Specifically, success is measured through the successful recruitment of volunteers and engagement of employees through a variety of team-building and volunteer-oriented programs, such as corporately-supported events and “drives”, the Corporate Team program and the Community Volunteer Grants program. This involves identifying, motivating, facilitating and harnessing employee’s volunteer interests, within a strategic and policy framework, to meet both the employee’s goals and corporate goals.
- Accountable and responsible for determining community investments for Corporate Teams, Community Volunteer Grants, and assigned corporately supported events; and managing related internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Co-ordinates and communicates events and results through internal mediums (The Zone) and oversees quarterly reporting to senior leadership, internal stories, e-mails and News Flashes related to community initiatives
- Supports the development of similar profiles for external communications, including the annual Public Accountability Statement and social spaces
- Informs and collaborates on the ongoing development of the department’s systems, and is responsible for developing reports and ensuring the integrity of specialized applications and databases for community investment, and administering the employee community engagement database.
- This position represents corporate and Community Relations policies and practices, and advances the companies’ reputation for corporate citizenship and social responsibility to both internal and external stakeholders.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience with a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- A high degree of professionalism, diplomacy, and excellent interpersonal skills to successfully interface with executive and senior management, internal leaders and volunteers, and community organizations.
- Maturity and sound judgment; ability to anticipate situations, influence positive outcomes and manage situations and multiple stakeholders proactively and sensitively.
- Proven knowledge and related experience in: recruiting, influencing and managing volunteers from all levels of the organization; leadership coaching and supporting; and workplace fundraising campaigns.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills; ability to manage competing priorities and heavy workload; “big picture” and details concurrently.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams; strong aptitude and demonstrated results through collaboration.
- Strong aptitude and experience in working with databases and computer systems, including Excel, accounting/budgeting principles and software, and specialized community investment, volunteer and fundraising programs.
- Sound understanding of the community sector and how it functions.
- Experience in at least one of Project Management, Volunteer Management, Communications or Marketing disciplines is required.
- External events require work outside of regular business hours and access to a vehicle.
- Bilingual fluency (English & French) is highly desirable.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.