JOB OBJECTIVE: Principally involved in the creation and execution of social media strategy. Create social media content with direction, schedule posts, and maintain editorial calendars and social media management system.
1. Scheduling and publishing social media posts related to ongoing social media campaigns, business initiatives, tradeshows and other events.
2. Write, edit and post blogs for the Promega Connections blogs with direction.
3. In collaboration with the social media lead, draft a strategy around organic growth of specific target audiences on social media platforms.
4. Perform routine maintenance tasks for posts in the content area of the social media management system (fixing links, updating content, etc.)
5. Learn and apply principles for framing social media posts for a variety of platforms to reflect desired messaging. Understand and apply Promega voice and tone guidelines to scientific and technical content produced.
6. Proofread social media posts literature for style, content and consistency.
7. Manage and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, maintain complete and accurate records, and give regular reports on the status of projects.
8. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business, with direction.
1. College course work in Molecular Biology or a related field, science writing or journalism.
2. Thorough understanding of the English language, including grammar, accepted usage, spelling and style. Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
3. Ability to work efficiently and cooperatively as a team member and meet deadlines for completion of work.
4. Ability to use, or learn to use, a variety of software for content development and social media management.
1. Laboratory research experience.
2. Experience writing about scientific topics for general audiences.
1. Ability to read information from a variety of sources, including hand-written notes, pre-printed materials and documents on screen, and communicate with others using Promega's network software.
2. Ability to operate a computer and utilize software to accomplish required tasks as outlined above on a continuous daily basis during a normal workweek of 40–45 hours.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.