Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Process and Automation Safety Manager
Who We Are: USCS is driven to advance, innovate and serve companies seeking the best service, facilities, and logistics in the cold chain. We are employee focused, an equal employment opportunity employer and would love to have you join our team.
The Job Details: Job Under the direction of the VP, Compliance and Safety, the Process and Automation Safety Specialist will work with the facilities as a resource to assist them in maintaining compliance with all applicable regulations as well as create a proactive approach to process and automation safety. Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Conducts routine observations and field audits. Identify, recommend, and ensure implementation of improvements or changes to practices, policy, or procedures.
- Manages computer incident reporting system to ensure information is accurate. Organizes data transfer into company data warehouse system. Create reports to identify trends in safety.
- Serve as the back up to the VP, Compliance and Safety for OSHA interaction and Emergency Response
- Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Attends and aids in the incident investigation process for Process Safety Incidents,
- Creates and manages a program to document Process Safety Management near misses,
- Manages Infor maintenance tracking system to ensure all the required preventative maintenance is completed,
- Leads Process Hazard Analysis (PHAs) for new facilities, major Management of Change (MOCs) and 5-year revalidations,
- Conducts Quality Control Audits for new construction.
- Reviews all MOCs and ensures PSSR (Pre-start up safety reviews) are completed properly,
- Updates corporate PSM and Risk Management Program (RMP) procedures,
- Conduct 3-year PSM/RMP compliance audits at selected locations
- Creates training programs for PSM and ammonia operator training. Utilize the Learning Management System to deliver and track training.
- Serve as the main safety contact for automation projects.
- Evaluate for proper guarding.
- Establish procedure to maintain compliance with ANSI standards related to automation including ANSIB11-20, ANSI B 11.19 and ANSI B20.
- Lead hazard reviews for new automation projects.
- Serve as an ergonomic resource for automation projects.
- Aid in the creating of lock out/ tag out procedures for automation equipment.
The Job Specifics:
- Location, Department and Work Hours: Camden, NJ,
- Reports To: VP, Compliance and Safety
- Travel Amount: Travel required – 30-35%
- Job Type, EEO, and Job Code: Full-Time, Exempt JOB CODE
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or Occupational Safety or related field required.
- 3+ Experience working with employee safety, process safety management, ammonia, or other relevant knowledge required.
- Chemical Emergency Response Experience – HAZWOPER Technician 24 hour trained a plus.
- Experience dealing with regulatory agencies including OSHA and EPA.
- Experience with automation and mechanical equipment.
- Experience in writing and implementation of new process safety policies.
- Knowledgeable in process safety management as defined by 29 CFR Part 1910.119 OSHA PSM and 40 CFR Part 68 EPA RMP
- Trained leader for Process Hazard Analysis – Experience with PHApro a plus.
Other Abilities You Will Need to Have: The physical demands described below are representative of those required of an individual performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Good arithmetic, reading, and typing skills
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Be able to see, speak and hear
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- May require physical effort associated with using the computer to access information, or occasional standing, walking, lifting needed to carry out everyday activities.
- Understand and follow verbal instruction, written instruction and company policies.
- A starter that can work independently and coordinate with others
- Must be able to present and communicate at several levels within the business
- Must demonstrate ability to exercise judgment and tact when interfacing with employees and outside auditors, inspectors, and/or agency personnel.
- Must be a self-starter that is able to work on and solve problems of diverse scope and complexity.
- Follow safety procedures at all times.
- Ability to manage stress and productivity guidelines
The Standard Details:
- Always maintain a professional manner in appearance and communications.
- Participate in staff and/or customer meetings if required.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality systems.
- Identify and record any issues relating to product, processes and/or quality.
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through appropriate channels.
- Verify the implementation of solutions.
- Follow posted security procedures at all times while in the building.
- Participate in Safety and Educational Training.
What’s In It For You:
A great company with great people. Full-time employees not under contract are offered: 401K and Educational Assistance after 1 year; If elected, Blue Cross Blue Shield after 30 days of service; Company Life Insurance; and a bunch of other great perks.
Things We Need To Mention:
- The above job description may not include all tasks necessary to complete the job.
- Job functions may vary based on area of operation. The job description is a listing of the most common tasks the associate will be required to perform in that job area.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.