Licensed physicians provide clinical care for patients living in the Northwest Arctic Borough and Pt. Hope, Alaska. When necessary, subspecialty consultation is usually obtained by phone or fax to specialists in Anchorage and/or Fairbanks.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide primary medical diagnosis and treatment for outpatients and inpatients at Maniilaq Health Center.
2. Conduct village field clinics and provide radio call coverage.
3. Provide emergency/trauma coverage including medevac escort when necessary.
4. Maintain patients' clinical records.
5. Share ER on-call duties, as well as weekend and holiday duties with other physicians.
6. Attend to committee assignments and any clinical or administrative meetings necessary for Health Center function.
7. Provide clinical support/supervision for midlevel providers when necessary.
1. M.D. or D.O., from accredited medical school. Unrestricted Alaska License (Commissioned Corps-any state including Puerto Rico).
2. Prefer Board Eligible/Board Certified, preferably in Family Practice. Obstetrical training/experience preferred.
3. Credentials and privileges approved by Maniilaq Medical Staff and Board of Directors.